Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The Haunted House Card




This is going to be a very busy day today so I thought I’d better get a quick post in because the next few days are going to be the same. This is the Halloween card I made for my six year old grandson.

 




The background paper is from a Tim Holtz 6” paper pack and it was mounted on black cardstock. The little black houses are a Memory Box die that most people seem to use on Christmas cards but I think they work fine for Halloween cards too. The haunted house is a QuicKutz die. I hand cut the ghost and he was inserted through the door and taped to the back to stay in place. The moon was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die and the black outline was just too circle dies cut together to form the frame. Using the Sizzix magnetic platform works great for this. The cloud die came with the haunted house and it was die cut in white and then the edges inked with light grey. The bat was die cut with, I think, a Stampin’ Up die, and was glued on with dimensional tape. I was pretty happy how this one turned out.



All three boys love to read so I made them Halloween bookmarks too but they are not quite done yet.



That’s all for another unseasonably warm fall day.



Cheers

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...