Friday, April 28, 2017

At the Beach


Well I went back to the doctor today – my own was back today and I prefer that to the walk-in clinic doctor because he knows me and she had never seen me before – and I have good news and bad news. Good news, I do NOT have mono. Thank goodness. Bad news is I have a strange virus that has attacked my throat and it may take another month to clear. In fact if it’s not gone in one month he wants me to see an ENT doctor for a scope – gulp. I don’t like even thinking about those so I’m pretty sure it should be gone within a month. The other good news is he said I can garden and go bird watching as fresh air would likely be good for me as long as I don’t get over tired…..not a problem with hubby watching over me. We always laugh about how protective he is of me but then again, if he’s not well I fuss over him just the same and he appreciates me doing that for him.



I thought I’d end the week with a scrapbook layout. Summer is coming quickly so I chose this summer layout of our grandsons at the beach.

  

I put photos of each boy on one page for the most part. These were digital layouts using a template from the now defunct Scrapbook Etc. magazine web page…..the templates are still available to download though. These were reduced to 8”x8”.

I really liked the photo of Seth lying down in the sand so I just used it across two photos areas.


 


Jack’s page was filled with individual photos of him.





This is a two page layout so here are the two pages, side by side.

 


For the background I used two sheets of designer paper cut in half and then taped together. I thought this looked like sky and water. To create a beach I used beige paper that was splattered with various brown paint to look like bits of sand; torn roughly on the top and then glued right over the photo sheets. The sun was a die cut but I didn’t like the centre of it so I ran a die cut circle through an embossing folder and glued it to the centre. The embellishments are from various sources that I had in my stash. The journaling was done on the computer and printed on the yellow tag. To achieve the ‘invisible triangle’ I had to have something yellow on the left so I added the yellow bar.



The title was die cut using the Stampin’ Up alphabet dies. First the patterned paper was glued to cereal boxes before being die cut and then they were all embossed in an embossing folder to create even more dimension. Sand coloured buttons were added here and there as well.



That’s all for a sunny Friday, April 28, 2017 even though the wind still has quite a bite to it. We are expecting four more days of rain off and on so no bird watching until some time next week. This gives me another four days to recuperate but I do feel badly for the bird watchers that travel a great distance …..like from all over the world…. to see the migratory warblers and they get four days of rain. We are lucky we live so close to the lake and park.



Take care all and have a great weekend.

Cheers

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...