Friday, July 21, 2017

Bad News; Good News: and a card


Well, this was a bad news but good news day. If you read my blog on a regular basis you may remember that I’ve had a mild sore throat; swollen glands and laryngitis since about mid March. I had an ultrasound on my thyroid on Wednesday and the technician said the doctor would have the results in about a week. My last two blood tests showed the thyroid levels as ‘normal’ so I didn’t really expect anything showing up on the thyroid at all…..I was wrong. The hospital called me yesterday and asked me to call my doctor for an appointment right away to review the results….oh oh…that’s not sounding good! I saw the doctor this afternoon. It turns out I have multiple nodules; various types; various sizes on my thyroid…one of them is quite large and that one has to have a biopsy done on it. The good news is these are normally benign! The other bad news is that there may be another problem with the vocal cords so that will have to be addressed later on.

To top it off one of my hubby’s co-workers died on Wednesday so we were off to the funeral home right after I left the doctor’s office. His friend was almost 80 and had Parkinson’s for five years and then a stroke. Sad. He was a nice fellow but as his wife said, he is now at peace.

So, today I thought I’d post a sympathy card in memory of Rene.


This is a 5 ½” square card. The background is two pieces of grey paper from a paper back that I glued together to form one piece. The focal paper is water colour paper that I splashed water colour paint on and blended them. Then the image was stamped; the corner piece and scroll die cut and added and then the ribbon and bow. The sentiment was stamped as well.  

That’s all for an up and down hot and humid Friday, July 21, 2017. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet


3 comments:

  1. Violet what a beautiful sympathy card..... I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's friend.... so sad..

    And YOU my dear!! I'am sending all good thoughts your way... and hope with all my heart that things turn out fine..... Big BIG hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violet you forgot to post the card of the high tide stamp set on July 19. I just looked quickly the last two weeks cards.

    Talk later

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card has been inserted. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...