Monday, August 28, 2017

A Funny Birthday Card


Well we had another lovely weekend here in Ontario although it gets a bit cool overnight. Today and for the next three days we will be experiencing rain and thunderstorms as Hurricane Harvey releases the end of this destructive storm. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those in Houston and surrounding areas….what a terrible storm to live through.



Today’s card is another funny birthday card courtesy of an AI (Art Impression) stamp. Love, love, love their stamps. I have a long, long wish list from their site including a lot from the Golden Oldies which I think this one is from. If any company was looking for someone to make them sample cards, I would want this company to choose me!



 Not every woman wants a birthday card with hearts and flowers so this one is for those that don’t.



The image was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. I have quite a variety of coloured pencils from various manufacturers so I have no idea which ones I used. The duck floatie was then covered with Glossy Accents to make it look shiny like plastic. The circles were die cut with Spellbinders dies. The sentiment was computer generated and it was then glued to a wider strip from the came cardstock as behind the image. The background paper came from my stash and I have no idea where it came from – probably in with a stack of miscellaneous paper from the thrift store. I just add all this odd paper into the stash and sure enough, I find a need for it sooner or later…..usually later!



That’s all for a rainy Monday, August 28, 2017. We got a long walk in this morning so we beat the rain! After biking almost 21 km on Saturday and then a two hour walk yesterday at Rondeau, we were surprised we weren’t too tired to walk today. Well, actually we were too tired, but we went anyway. Sometimes you just have to force yourself!



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...