Friday, September 8, 2017

Handmade Background from Ugly Paper


Hurricane Irma is getting scarier by the minute and even more frightening is there is two more right behind this one. Prayers and more prayers are offered for those who have to go through this. A lot of people are being evacuated but some will not or could not leave. Scary!



However, life has to go on and this weekend my oldest daughter has a birthday. Here is the card I made for her.



The background is one of my experimental pieces. Believe it or not it started out as a piece of very ugly 12”x12” paper. Several layers of ink; paint; stencils; gesso and more were added until I liked the look. Now I just cut it into what ever size card I’m making. This one is 5 ½” square. The large butterfly was there on the background so I took another piece of heavier cardstock…also an experimental piece…and die cut the Memory Box large butterfly and glued it on top. The white circle was already on the card – from white paint on the bottom of a circular object like a toilet paper roll or lid – but it needed something in it so I added the sentiment. The green ribbon was wrapped around the background piece before gluing it to a card base. Hope she likes it.



That’s all for a cool Friday, September 8, 2017. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and please stay safe.

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...