Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Masculine Sympathy Card


More lovely weather again today in Ontario and the end is not in sight yet. I don’t think this is our Indian Summer….such an odd name for a few nice days in the fall after a cold spell….although its usually warm days after the first frost which we haven’t had yet so who knows what will happen later on. Hubby wonders about things like this; I pretty much just enjoy each day regardless of anything else.



Unfortunately we all need sympathy cards from time to time and this time I made one that would be suitable to be sent to a male. Sometimes if a man lives alone and has a family member pass away, its hard to fine a suitable card for him. 







I used the Memory Box window frame and die cut it from an old greeting card. The picture behind it came from another recycled note card. Yes, I’m both thrifty and I like to keep as much out of the recycle/garbage that I can. There is always a piece of thin plastic behind the window to look like glass. I just use plastic sleeves that embellishments come in….yup, another thrifty thing.

The background paper is from the stash; twine was wrapped around it and then it was mounted on a Kraft card base. I took two real feathers and one die cut feather; glued them together and then tied them with a piece of twine. Then I tied a bow through a wine coloured button and glued it over top. It’s hard to see the button unless you enlarge the photo by double clicking on it. The sentiment is a peel off.



That’s all for a lovely Wednesday, September 13, 2017



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. I just love this card Violet! I love the window and the feathers... We are having a bit of Indian Summer too... funny i called it that today and hubby never heard that before... lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...