Friday, April 6, 2018

Birthday Card Number Three - not chosen


We woke up to the ground covered with SNOW this morning. Yuck! Luckily it melted by mid afternoon. This winter just hates to give up.

Today’s card is the third one not picked by hubby to be sent to my daughter for her birthday – which is today! I’ll post the one he picked on Monday. He liked them all but he liked the fourth one the best….I did too so I was happy he picked it.






All the paper is from an old 8x8 paper pack except for the pink strips which happened to match perfectly. Some of the small flowers are a mix of pink and light purple so the card was layered onto a purple card base. This card was very simple to make. I cut the plaid piece the same length as the flowered background and glued it on, offset a bit to the left. Then the pink strips were glued down on each side. The circle was die cut; the edges inked and the sentiment stamped on. It was then glued to the strip. The butterfly is a Cuttlebug die/embossing set. First you die cut the butterfly and then you run the die cut butterfly through one of the 4 matching embossing folders. That paper is also from the 8x8 paper set. I added three fancy gems down the centre.

That’s all for another cold Friday, April 6, 2018. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I’ll be back on Monday with the chosen card – “God willing and the crick don’t rise” – as my grandmother was fond of saying….a crick, by the way, is what her generation called a creek.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful card Violet! You KNOW i'll be back Monday as you definitely have my curiosity peaked! lol i have heard your grandmother's saying before and creek used just that way..lol SNOW ! Well i have to agree with you by April it needs to go away!! lol Enjoy your weekend! We are expecting a wintry mix tonight but i don't think too much.. brr.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...