Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Card Number Two!


We not only have April showers, we have April thunderstorms and gale strength winds! What an awful couple of days! I had to go out to get a hair cut this morning and I almost cancelled it because of the wind, but didn’t….I was looking a bit shaggy! As I walked from the parking lot to the hair dresser I also got hit with some snow pellets – ouch, they hurt!

The tooth that had the root canal is also still bothering me but it was a difficult procedure and the dentist is hoping it will settle down by itself. My body never does anything the easy way! With the tooth coupled with some trigeminal neuralgia spasms, I have not felt like quilting. Last night I went down to the lower studio and spend a couple hours making scrapbook embellishments for future layouts using bits of left over paper; stickers; tags and more. I’ll photograph those to post on another day. Does anyone else make their own embellishments? If so, and you have a blog, feel free to leave a comment with your blog name.

Today’s card is another one I made as a possibility for my daughter but it was not the one Joe selected for her.




I saw a card similar to this on Pinterest and decided to make it but put my own spin on it….mainly because I couldn’t remember exactly how she made it. The paper is from an old 8” x 8” paper pack. I took two pieces; cut them 2”x 5”; placed them right sides together and die cut that Memory Box butterfly out of one edge only. Then I taped the pieces together and glued them to the white cardstock piece. A piece of pink patterned paper…also from the stash…was placed behind the negative space where that half of the butterfly was cut out. Then I glued the down the butterfly halves joining them in the middle. I added some fancy sparkly gems down the centre of the butterfly. The best wishes sentiments were die cut (Sizzix) from white cardstock and then sponged with green and hot pink ink. The green one was glued down and then the pink one on top but offset a bit. Then it was glued to the hot pink card base. I liked how it turned out but it was a bit fiddly to make.

That’s all for a rainy, snow pelting and snow in some areas, very windy Wednesday, April 4, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. Talking about embellishments... I haven't made any but i do know this lady Cat Hand...and she makes her own embellishments and i caught a video of hers showing how she made some of them.. i thought you might like it Violet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Bg3islpmk

    I hope the link works for you. Hope your tooth feels better and you don't get hit by any more flying snow pellets... duck!! And the first two cards are so pretty i can't wait to see the one your hubby picked! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...